Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Greg at the Underground Lounge, 1.6.05

I hope everybody had a great New Year’s. There always so much pressure involved with going out that night. It’s like you must have the absolute most fun you’ve ever had in your entire life every year on December 31st. That’s a lot to live up to. I decided to forego any kind of drunken celebration and irresponsible revelry and instead I spent the night watching Unwrapped on the Food Network with my pussycat, Cuddles…Ah, who’m I kidding? I was stone drunk on New Year’s. I don’t even have cable.

Anyway, I want to tell you all about some shows I’ve got coming up. The first is a small gig back at the Underground Lounge up near Columbia. I like this place a lot, it’s a tiny room that can only fit 30 people, but it’s what they call in the biz, intimate. Which is actually code for cheap. I hope to continue doing small booked shows there on a regular basis.

When: Friday, January 6th, 10pm
Where: Underground Lounge, 955 West End Avenue @ 107th St./Broadway
What: funny stuff
How: Just come
How much: Cover charge is $8 with a 2 drink minimum.

I’ve also got two shows coming up at the end of the month at Gotham and the Improv. More details to follow in a few days, including information about the new and improved Gotham club on 23rd and 8th. I’m pysched that I already have a show booked there, and they actually called me!

Talk to you soon.

No comments: