Thursday, June 01, 2006

Greg at Gotham again! 6.7.06, 6 days away!

Hi everyone,

The last few times I’ve been to Gotham, I’ve been way below my quota. Not in LPM (laughs per minute) no, that was fine, I think. The problem was I didn’t have enough people come and say my name to The Man behind the podium. You see, the way this comedy racket works is that I have to bring a certain number of people to the club and if I don’t, I don’t get to go on stage.

Thankfully, even though I was way under, Jessica Kirson pulled some strings and let me on the mic for a couple of minutes. She didn’t have to, as I didn’t hold up my end of the bargain, but she did it out of the kindness of her overworked, cholesterol clogged, heart. She was even kind enough (or drunk enough) to give me a second chance. Gotham called to book me for the next show, on June 7th. Which is where you come in.

I need to restore my reputation with Gotham as somebody who can bring people in and make them laugh. So please, call the reservation number and tell them you’re coming to the show. Stand up comedy is part of what makes New York great, and believe me, it’s freaking therapeutic to be in a club and laugh all night long.

Don’t forget to send me an email letting me know that you plan on making it. That way I’m not left like I was before my junior prom, all dressed up with no where to go. J Sad face!

Here’s the details:

  • When: Wednesday, June 7th, 8:00pm
  • Where: The NEW Gotham Comedy Club, 208 W. 23rd Street, bet. 7th and 8th
  • What: funny stuff
  • How: Call 212.367.9000 and make a reservation
  • How much: Cover charge is $12 with a 2 drink minimum.

2 comments:

NYOne said...

You never post here, so I don't know if you check the comments, but I ran across a piece by Christian Finnegan (my favorite Union Pool alum and yours) that I thought you might enjoy:
http://punchlinemagazine.com/news/?p=14
Clearly, I'm too lazy to find your actual email address since I have your blog bookmarked. Sorry to have missed you at Gotham - next time, I swear. Me and "The Heckler" are both there.

Greg Tito said...

Wow, I didn't know that you commented. Perhaps I should check this more often...

Yes, Christian Finnegan. I see him on Best Week Ever all the time, with Jessi Klein. Do they know I started their careers at Union Pool? Do they give me anything for my troubles? No. Not a peep. Bastards.