Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Good Afternoon

For some reason, today, I feel good. Even though I have sweated through my undershirt, it's that hot out. Summer in New York. I'm really looking forward to it.

Basketball news: Ill Wind won their first game of the Spring Season last night. We have confirmed the sneaking suspicion that many teammates have vocalized: we only win when we blow them out. We won by about 19 points. Most of that had to do with a stellar 1st half where the team was able to score pretty much at will. Fast break points, half-court offense, we were able to do it all. I'd love to say that it was all from our talent, but the truth is that the other team wasn't very good. They were called the Masons (not to be confused with the secret society many claim to be descended from the Illuminati) and they were just plain bad. The Masons had two very tall doofuses (sic) who couldn't score from the block against shorter, weaker opponents, ie. me and Winston. They had only one guy with any real skill and he kept them marginally in the game with at least four 3-pointers. On a personal level, I think I had one of the best halfs since I started playing regularly again. There's no way to say for certain (our statistician was out sick last night) but I think I had about 7 field goals in the first half, one of which was a funky sky hook from the foul line over those two meatheads. But don't worry, I had a below-average 2nd half, scoring only twice and turning the ball over 2 or 3 times. I won't let it go to my head (in a bad way) but I do have to say that my confidence in shooting has gone up, and that makes me happy. My shot has been the last fundamental to return, after my long absence from the game.

I'll post about more stuff tomorrow, in case you felt slighted by my sports-related post.

2 comments:

AwP said...

You don't even post things to make people hate you or for me to respond so that people reading it will hate you. I am going to start one of these binizzles this weekend just so that I can incure the same wrath that I lay on poor Little i and his blogger nation... As for you, nice to see you got the win but let's face it, if I was on the team we would have won already. I think once the fall hits I am back in the league.

Greg Tito said...

I will try to be more insulting in the future. Like this: FUCK YOU AWP!

But seriously, when are you going to start one of these crazy blogs? I want to read it. I bet you're better than Sports Guy.