Thursday, April 14, 2005

Is there nothing that google can't do?

I've been in love with Google Maps ever since I discovered it. Way better than mapquest, google maps is still in beta like their gmail (even though everyone has a gmail account now despite privacy concerns). But as if Google.maps wasn't good enough, they just added a satellite feature that let's you switch between maps and satellite pictures AT THE SAME ZOOMING RESOLUTION. Amazing.

Here's a satellite map of where I grew up: Bob Jingle's house.

I wonder when these satellite pictures were taken. Could I zoom in and blow them up enough to actually see my mom walking outside the house? Perhaps Google is using stock satellite images from 10-15 years ago. Then I could technically see myself as a child playing on the street with the neighborhood cronies. Can anyone with an internet connection see me whip crab apples at Eric Johnson or try to flirt with Ferie Harper?

Does google actually make it possible to go back in time?

6 comments:

Greg Tito said...

Yes. You lived on Corey Lane and I used to ride my bike to your house to play kickball in your HUGE backyard.

And you had a pony.

bern said...

Do you remember that lady that lived on your road that looked like Mick Jagger?

bern said...

Do you remember that lady that lived on your road that looked like Mick Jagger?

bern said...

Do you remember that lady that lived on your road that looked like Mick Jagger?

Greg Tito said...

Ok! Yes I do. Stop posting!

That was Ferie's mom and she had the biggest lips I'd ever seen.

Bern said...

I don't know why it posted so many times, but I just recently learned that the internet is on computers now!