Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Quick Exclamation!

Last week, I read about an online magazine on Slashdot.org called Next Generation. It's geared towards game developers, producers and business guys. I wrote a quick email in response to their call for freelance writers. As I was writing it though, I realised that I wanted to write from a consumer point of view more than the business side of the industry. I gave up editing the email (I even left an unfinished sentence in there) and clicked Send, thinking I was never going to hear from these people.

Today, I did. I need to write a profile of Civ 4 and a brief history of modding. Two articles! I'm even getting paid. It's not a lot, but it's something. How fucked up is that? I've never gotten paid for writing before and I get my first job without even trying very hard.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go write some kickass copy (that's what they call it in the industry.)

3 comments:

Vas Deferens said...

Score. And for $$$ (or at least $) to boot.

Rain Delay said...

I sent a sample to this beastility magazine, Horse Fuck, that I am trying to write for... Needless to say, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Greg Tito said...

I got turned down from Horse Fuck. That sucks. I sent them a complete story and everything and just like the letters in Penthouse, I swear it's all true.