Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life After Work World


I saw this poster taped to a tree outside my apartment in Brooklyn yesterday. The pic is from the signon screen for World of Warcraft, which I've seen countless times, but the caption is something new. As far as I can tell, the artist isn't trying to sell anything. Perhaps it's some private joke amongst hipster-nerds, trying to get a few laughs from their friends who wait for the bus to Greenpoint. Or maybe it's a public service advertisement lauding the wonderfulness of WOW. But it could just be that someone was moved to make an image and tape it to a tree. I offer it up to you, the discerning internet audience, to decide. I just think it's cool that someone did it within ten feet of my front door.

3 comments:

WWKnight said...

Im 8 levels off my first 60.

I have a pregnant girlfriend, who lives 2 hours north.

I have about a month to gain those 8 levels, with no weekends to play due to aforementioned girlfriend.

If I fail, the life of a father of a newborn will probably mean I wont get my level 60 Tauren Warrior.

So I get home from work at 5:30 pm, and play hard til midnight (or 1 or 2 if I am stuck in an instance when 12am rolls round).

Then I wake up at 6, shower, and leave for work.

It's sometimes hard to distinguish if WoW is my life after work, or if work is my life after WoW :P

WWK

spaceguy said...

I think you just had to make up an excuse for photographing that woman's butt. The sign just happened to be there.

Anonymous said...

wwknight you are a sad human being indeed...