Friday, September 21, 2007

Since the 2nd grade




There are few performers I can say I've been a fan of since my days at Lillie B. Haynes. Weird Al is one of them. His show last night at the Beacon Theater was quintessant. He rocks like a man half his age and a nerd twice his stature. The show was a performance piece, complete with props and more costume changes than a one-man Hamlet.

I took some decent video and I'll try to youtube it for your viewing pleasure. Wait till you see Darth Vader dance.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I've enjoyed Weird Al on and off over time. His jokes can feel stale, but then he'll come out with a new video which reminds you that no one does it better.

kristin1724 said...

We saw him at Foxwoods on Friday. Dave has been a huge fan since he was a kid. I have never seen so many 12 & 13 year old boys in one place! I did enjoy the opening polka. Those cheerleaders obviously had never seen a Nirvana video in their lives. Figures you went to see him too!

kristin1724 said...

oh yeah...totally forgot!! We met him too! Dave got a picture with him. He came into the restaurant where we were eating dinner. He was very mellow, but nice.