Monday, February 07, 2005

I know it's been a long time since I rapped at ya...

This is my first entry while a full-time employee of Bear Stearns. That's right, I am no longer a meaningless temporary peon ... I am now a meaningless full-time peon. I make copies (today I made double-sided ones, joy), I type things, and I continue to fool around on the net. The first week was kind of lame, my immediate supervisor was giving me shit. He is Alfredo, a portly puerto-rican ex-navy father of two. and I don't think he likes explaining things to me. I ask questions and instead of answering, he'll say things like, "You don't need to know that." Must be his military training.



Today, I got in to work a little late to the tune of most of the work I did yesterday had to be thrown out because it had the wrong date. And a co-worker told me that my immediate supervisor, i.e. Alfredo, was not happy with my work after the first week. Let me repeat something from a previous post. I DO THE WORK OF A MONKEY. This is not hard people. How can I do anything wrong? Am I really an idiot or is this like middle school which was so easy that I failed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob,
Don't monkeys have calenders too?
#1

Greg Tito said...

If that's a jab, it's kind of lost because I was expressing disgust at the fact that I screwed up. I mean, is the job so easy that simple mistakes so quickly pop up or am I really an idiot? Right now, I'm leaning towards the latter.