Tuesday, April 03, 2007

New and exciting

Emerging Artist Theatre is a having a Comedy Week of programming at their space in midtown next week. Monday through Saturday, they are having a bunch of clowns and shit. Seriously, clowns.

On Monday, Tuesday and Friday though, they're having a few standup comedians do their thing as well as a sketch group each night. I'm doing a set every night but the big news is that I'll be doing TWENTY MINUTES. That's a long time. I've never done that much before. I have a lot of material, sure, but I've never put it all together like that. It will be a challenge, but that's what comedy is all about. Wait, is that what it's about? Challenge? Crap, maybe I'm doing this wrong...

Here are the details:

EAT - Emerging Artist Theatre
311 W. 43rd St, 5th Floor Between 8th and 9th Avenue. (Closer to 8th Avenue.)
Show Starts at 7pm
Monday, Tuesday and Friday! The 9th, 10th and 13th of April!

Tickets are $10. Not sure about liquor right now, may be comped with a beer sponsor, may be cheap like $2 cans. No minimums or anything like that.

See you there. And be square. I like squares.

4 comments:

NYOne said...

So are you doing 20 min each night? Is there a night that you need people to come? This is next week, the 9th, 10th and 13th, right? I AM A GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS. But on the positive side, I can be there any of those nights. Monday sounds promising. Let me know if another night is better.
Peace,
Joslyn

Greg Tito said...

I don't need to bring people necessarily, so come whenever you can. Monday is great! (for some people anyway, my eyes are usually bloodshot until I pour hot coffee on them)

NYOne said...

I have a debate with myself about going out on Monday nights: It always seems like a good idea, you know, kick off the week on a good note, something to look forward to when you're pouring hot coffee on your eyeballs. On the other hand, you wake up the next morning and it's like, it's only Tuesday? Really?
It'll ultimately depend on my work sched. But I will definitely be there one night.

Abbi Crutchfield said...

Man, you have some dedicated fans! I have people (co-workers) who wouldn't come if I begged them. I know because I have. And look-- this isn't even a bringer! Next Gotham show you do, I'm paying you for half your guests.