Thursday, May 10, 2007

You decide!



I broke down and got some headshots with my wife. It's come up a few times, random people asking me for headshots. It gets a little disconcerting not having anything to give them, especially when dirty bums stop me for a quarter and a headshot and resume.

My wife, who may or may not be named Mephistopholes, has been unhappy with the digital shots she got a few years back. She went with a rising star in the actor headshot biz, one Debra Lopez. The pictures aren't BAD, perse, but Erin used to get a crapload more auditions/callbacks from her old pictures. One could say it's because they are now color, or because they had to shoot inside because it was raining on the day of her shoot.

She bandied about getting new shots, and I thought maybe we could kill a few birds with a couple of cameras. So yesterday morning, at the buttcrack of 10am, we went to see David Cross. Yes. He's very funny... No... He's voting for Obama... Ok... I don't know man... I'll see, but I'm not making any promises.

Sorry, I meant DAVE Cross. He's the photographer who took Erin's shots back in 2000 and incidentally, shot our wedding and made a dandy yearbook style album of it. Dave oozes talent. The first shot he took of me made me look fucking great. He's good, he's good.

He also had some choice words for little Miss Debra Lopez. I don't want to start a photographer fight, but he said when he used to do reproductions years ago, he would refuse to reproduce anything she shot. They were that bad. When she started, Debra knew nothing of photography, she literally picked up a camera and threw it at people. She had no clue.

The great part about digital photography is I get to pass the savings on to you, my loyal readers. Take look at the following link. Those are the 10-20 best shots he took of me yesterday. Leave a comment on which one you think should be my Headshot.

http://www.reproductions-online.com/RPU/hfaj/gtn18/fave1178802967268_01.html

I need your help. I have no taste, perhaps you can tell from my previous headshot?

5 comments:

kristin1724 said...

Here are my votes:

For:
Tito_015
Tito_055
Tito_054
Tito_008
Tito_083

Against:
Tito_048
Tito_051
Tito_035 (this one makes you look like a politician or something)

I think I have seen enough of your face for today.

NYOne said...

Personally, I enjoyed your previous headshot, but I can understand the need to update/upgrade. My vote goes to 071, though I also have to stick up for 051 which made me 100% LOL, in a good way. Good luck!

Sheila said...

I like 54 and 90

54 AND 90 FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

Andrew said...

That's a lot of handsome.

I suppose the best pick depends on your purpose. Are you looking for dramatic gigs? Are you using this for stand-up? Or just trolling on Craigslist for a backalley handjob?

In those cases, I'd say 15, 71, and 48, respectively.

kristin1724 said...

so, which one is the winning shot????