Thursday, January 25, 2007

Car update

More news on the car, I got the accident report and the driver was actually a FEMALE. I know, I know, spare me the woman driver jokes, I've already made them all in my head.

And even though the car service company is insured, they are late on their payments and the policy was terminated as of 1/14/07. That's 3 days before the accident for those of you counting at home. And the place where I had the car towed hasn't yet estimated the damage on the car. It's been there almost a week. I just called to check what the damage is and Rusty or Ralphie or whatever the fucking guy's name is said he was looking for 91 Acura in the lot and couldn't see it. I told him I have a 91 Honda, not an acura. He said, "Oh." Maybe he'll call me back today, maybe not. It doesn't really matter at this point.

I'm paralyzed. I can't make a claim on somebody who doesn't have insurance. And I can't file anything with small claims court because I don't know what the damage is.

You know what time it is?

Hurry up and wait...

...


...


stilll waiting...


...







...

4 comments:

Greg Tito said...

Update on an update: repairing my car will cost $7000.

yeah, right...

spaceguy said...

Don't you have uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance? I believe that's required in CT, but not sure about NY. If you do have it, you need to file a claim with your own insurance company. We had to do that to cover Sharon's accident in 2001 since the guy who ran a stop sign and T-boned her car had the minimum coverage. The car damage (it was totaled), medical expenses, loss of income (since she could not work for a while), and the lawyer's fee were more than his coverage.

Greg Tito said...

At least with my policy, that only covers medical expenses, not property damage. Believe me, I checked.

Share said...

Man! That's terrible! At least you guys weren't in the car. Car insurance-dah!- you pay money towards it- for what!?!!!
Good luck on car searching. Remember to ask the nice used car saleperson- Is there anything wrong with the car that you are not telling me? Not that they will answer truthfully, just see their reaction when you put them on the spot.