Thursday, January 04, 2007

A New Year of Comedy starting on January 10th at Gotham

Another year is upon us. Ho hum. Am I the only one who is surprised we spend so much time celebrating what is basically an arbitrary moment picked by some Romans almost 2300 years ago? Look it up. I mean, it's important and all, but it's just a randomly numbered day to commemorate a newly numbered year.

I prefer to give my years names, not unlike the Chinese with their Year of the Monkey's Ass and so forth. 2006 was The Year I Learned I Was A Robot. 2007 has several titles in the running, including The Year of the Cockpunch, Jesse's Year and Goodbye, Mr. Crankypants. Of course, with my arbitrary naming system, I reserve the right to change all year titles whenever the crap I want. Also, my years start on January 10th, just to be a dick.

To commemorate my own personal new year, I'm going to be performing at Gotham next Wednesday. There will be the usual crazy lineup of hilarious dudes and dudettes there plus the random stoppers-by of more famous people. I've heard a rumor that Robin Williams and Richard Pryor (no really) will be there trying out some new stuff. But you know, that could just be industry hearsay. Come on down to find out just how full of shit I really am.

Gotham, 23rd bet 7th and 8th
Wednesday, January 10th
8:00pm
$12 cover, 2 drinks
Call 212-367-9000 to reserve a seat and say my name. (say my name, say my name...)

PS. I have a new day job so I'll be sending all my stuff through gmail now. I'm sending an invite through google calendar. Let me know if it's cool or not. I hope soon there'll be integration with blogger and everything nerdy like that. It will indeed be a geek o rama here at the Greg Tito Comedy Store.

No comments: