Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Greg's Triumphant Return to the (In)Famous Broadway(Improv) Comedy Club

I know it's freaking cold outside. Get over yourselves. You all thought that the whole winter was a wash and that we'd have 60 degree weather through March. And now that the temp. has dipped back to normal ball-shrinking levels, everyone in the city is like, "Ooh, it's so cold!" You know what? It's supposed to be cold out, it's freaking weather. Deal with it!

I was just trying out my edgy comic persona right there. What do you think? Too much? Am I too edgy? Like that guy --->

Last Friday, I had a great time at the Living Room in Park Slope. Abbi and Luke put on a great show for comics and do a pretty sweet comic turn themselves. Go here to check out upcoming shows at the Postmark Cafe, get yourself a chai tea (made with milk!) and laugh your ass off.

On Saturday the 17th of February, I'll be coming back to the Improv. Except that now it's called the Broadway Comedy Club. Which is different, but the same. Word on the street is that they have some pretty sweet deals in the pipeline with something called satellite radio and turnip salad. I'm not sure what either of those terms mean but I bet it's funny/lucrative.

The skinny:

DATE: Saturday, February 17th
PLACE: Broadway Comedy Club 318 W. 53rd Street (Between 8th and 9th Ave)
SHOWTIME: 7:00 p.m.Doors Open at 6:15 p.m.
Cover: $15. Only $12 if advance reservation is made here 212-252-4261

You know the drill, it's way cheaper if you call the number. I haven't been to this club in a while, so it would be cool to have a bunch of people there. Let me know if you want to have a great time on a Saturday night.

No comments: