Monday, February 12, 2007

I love the UWS

The little underground club was full of wonderfully attentive and easy-laughing folk. There were so many giggling girls, I nearly had to crowd-surf in order to even get to the stage. The adoration of so many fans, who merely desired the chance to touch a piece of thread from my garment, was overwhelming and more than a little bit erotic...

When did I lose you there? Yeah, so there was about ten people, half of which were my friends. It ended up being a decent show, at least for me. I had some new shit about this wedding I went to last weekend that I was glad worked.

After my set though, that's when it got weird. One guy tried to reverse-heckle me from onstage. Note to all you aspiring comics out there, don't try to save your show by making fun of the one guy who was able to muster a few laughs. Especially if he's in the audience. And then don't try to spend the rest of your time talking to said comic, then getting mad at him for trying to crack a joke. I had to put my hands up, "Just do your set, man." That only made him more mad. Everyone I was with was uncomfortable too. One of them said to him, "I'll say anything you want, just stop talking to me!" I think that sums everything up pretty well.

No comments: